A wedding is one ultimate desire for most people. Picking up the perfect destination, a beautiful attire, a combination of the best entrees, and who can forget the modern-day wedding vows!
Truth is that finding a partner to settle down with, knowing if he/she is the right one for you to picking up the perfect-yet-personalized wedding vows is quite a beautiful yet exhaustive journey. Earlier in the days, wedding vows used to be quite serious where deciding them was a serious affair, as promises of a lifetime are made. But the modern-day wedding vows are mostly inclined towards the couple’s personal touch, style, personality, and some laughter in the tension-filled day. Most of the life partners are now incorporating witty and personalized wedding vows into their big day to keep it casual, simple, and organic.
- “I, _____, take you _____, to be my lawfully wedded (wife/husband), to have and hold you from this day forward, for better or for worse, for rich, for poor, for even poorer when I’ve continued shopping, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, from this day forward until death does us part.”
2. “I promise you that you will be as prioritized in my schedule as coffee, chocolates, and all the episodes of Friends put together.”
3. “I take you to be my husband, in sickness and in health, until death does us part but not when you turn into a zombie as then we’re going to have to start seeing other people.”
4. “I promise to tell you what you look pretty in or you can pull off in clothes and will try to be completely honest when it’s just not doing justice.”
5. “Now that we have spent months getting these summer bodies for this wedding, let’s get real fat together.”
6. “I promise to hold my urges to secretly watch episodes on Netflix. I promise we will watch em all together.”
7. “I wish for us to grow old and crusty together, to shake our fists at teenagers collectively, and to decipher the newspaper headings when our eyes get weak and talk endlessly about the good old days when things were better, cheaper, and more wholesome.”
8. “I promise to respect your music taste in the car while you are driving. If you are not, well…”
9. “In front of this gathering, I promise to cherish you in good and bad times. I promise to put down the toilet seat and to replace the roll when it’s over and to never forget our wedding anniversary or your birthday.”
10. “I know hygiene is important to you so as a pledge I say promise to take out the garbage, even in rain or freezing cold.”
11. “I want to be there in your worst—may it be your bad hair days, long commutes, tasteless coffee, lost keys, splashed shoes, bitchy coworkers, lost receipts, broken copiers. Give me your every day and I will nourish it with my love to make it bearable.”
12, “I promise to love you as much as I do to our dog. From this day, I promise to lint roll the chairs when your parents visit. I will cherish you in a runny nose and your unbearable mood-swings.”
13. “Gone are the days when we pose to be wise, I say, I want to be dumb together — plain stupid. Make bad choices, take wrong turns, act like a 5-year-old, eat the wrong things, and then let’s weave them all into great stories, forever until no one can stand us but each other.”
14. “I can’t wait to accept your last name – my mission to steal your identity is totally coming true.”
15. “If you promise to kill the spiders and cockroaches, I promise to make you lunch, if you take out the waste (and the dog at night), and that day, I will make the bed. And if you love me, I will love you.”
16. “I promise to remind you of our anniversary and my birthday at least 3 days before. Because you don’t wish to find out what happens if you forget an anniversary.”
17. “I promise that as your wife, I will not keep score when we argue, even though I might be winning.”
18. “I promise to agree that you are the best driver on the street and you always know exactly which route to take.”
19. “I promise to cherish you as much as I cherish going onto shopping sprees and do not hold your obsession with gym trainers against you.”
20. “I promise to pause the TV when you wish to talk to the neighbors and will not complain when you check emails on your day off.”
Found your perfect modern-day wedding vows for your compatible partner yet? If not, take inspiration from the list above and leave yours in the comments below, if something, we’ll help you weave them with balance. Goodluck. 🙂
- After 4 years of search, our co-founder finds his life partner on the Betterhalf app.
- Bid adieu to fake & scam profiles as Betterhalf.ai introduces selfie verification
- Ready to finally meet your quarantine online lover after lockdown? Follow these tips to hit it off on the right note
- This Halloween snuggle up & bond over 6 spooky movies we bet you haven’t watched yet!
- Remove your rosy glasses, it’s time to spot the obvious red-flags we ignore in a relationship